Gould 0738

Default Intermittent Wipers

One of our regional vendors is offering a solid state device to convert typical
on/off boat wipers to multi-speed and intermittent. The company offered to
install the system on my boat for purposes of trial use and evaluation. Very
simple, quick, "plug & play" installation. Works great at the dock with
"artificial rain" on the pilothouse windows. Adapts for use with self-parking
wipers, too.

With reverse rake windows protected by an overhang, I have seldom been able to
keep the windows wet enough to justify running the wipers at a steady beat.
Lots of switch flipping required or dry wiper wear. This appears to be a good
solution, but I'll know more in a few months after some serious use.

The company sells DC light dimming circuits to Carver, Sea Ray, and some other
builders. I don't know much about electronics, but apparently there was no
great modification required to adapt the dimmer circuit board to an
intermittent wiper control. Interesting.

To avoid "spamming" the group, I'd like to invite anybody interested in more
specific information about the manufacturer to send me an e-mail.