Default Launchings

If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as
anything, perhaps a bit better than most. A sailing craft is not only
beautiful, it is seductive and full of strange promise and a hint of
trouble. If it happens to be an auxilary cruising boat, it is without
question the most compact and ingenious arrangement for living ever
devised by the restless mind of man - a home that is stable without
being stationary, shaped less like a box than like a fish or a girl,
and in which the home owner can remove his daily affairs as far from
the shore as he has the nerve to take them, close hauled or running free
- parlor, bedroom, and bath, suspended and alive.

E.B. White

A Unit of Water, A Unit of Time
Douglas Whynott

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as
anything, perhaps a bit better than most. A sailing craft is not only
beautiful, it is seductive and full of strange promise and a hint of
trouble. If it happens to be an auxilary cruising boat, it is without
question the most compact and ingenious arrangement for living ever
devised by the restless mind of man - a home that is stable without
being stationary, shaped less like a box than like a fish or a girl,
and in which the home owner can remove his daily affairs as far from
the shore as he has the nerve to take them, close hauled or running free
- parlor, bedroom, and bath, suspended and alive.

E.B. White

A Unit of Water, A Unit of Time
Douglas Whynott

Beautiful.... something to warm your heart with two more months to wait
until splash time.

Don White wrote:
[...]

March 1, 2008
Winds NNW at 15
Temp 72

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/spirit.htm#sail

It's only two more months, Don.

Don White wrote:
[...]

Wow...what a neat idea in the V bunk area.
Hope you don't mind if I show your site to theSandpiper 565 gang.
Our boats (produced in Ontario from 1974-1992). are very similar in size to
yours (18.5' and about 1400 lbs displacement)
The Sandpiper has a crank up 300 lb keel for easy launching & recovery +
beaching in 8" of water.
With your fixed keel, you have much better room in the cabin.
note: because the wife seems to be working on contract most of the time, I
sold my Sandpiper 565 last August and slipped over to the dark side for a
test period.
(2004 Princecraft Yukon with 25hp Johnson)

Don White wrote:

[...]

Ohhh = Beware the Dark Side, Luke!
LoL!

No, Don, I would mind that at all.
I still want to add a shelf up in the forepeak for sails and PFDs.
Call it the "Sail Loft"?
But it works pretty well for the two of us as is.

Thanks for your coments.
You made my day.

Richard