Default Where to get houseboat insurance?

Hi boatin' folks,

I have recently bought a 1968 Lazy Days, 43', aluminum hull. I'm worried
that I won't be able to keep it due to problems getting insurance. I have
2 speeding tickets and 1 running a red light against me in the past year,
and this is my first houseboat so I have no experience. Also no boating
safety courses to help out. All I really want is liability...at least to start with.
One company said they will give me full coverage for about $460/year,
but I'm afraid they will eventually turn me down because of the traffic
violations, and also the age of the boat. I tried Boat US, and they turned
me down because of my driving record and lack of experience with
houseboats. They did get me a quote from another company--$1100/yr
for just liability, and that required an out of water survey done on the
boat which would be another $1K or more most likely. Can anyone
suggest a company that might help me out and be affordable? Would
a boating safety course or more help me out, and if so which ones and
how to take them? This is all new to me, and I'm in a world of confusion.

Thanks for any help!!!
David