Default Surveyor Recommendations

Need a recommendation for a good surveyor in the Pompano Beach area if
anyone has had personal experience. Made and had accepted subject to hull,
electrical and mechanical survey and sea trail on a 1995 Proline Model 251
WA . I know I can contact my insurance company and/or get list from
websites but I want to know if someone has had a good or bad experience with
a local surveyor, Thanks. Fred

Skip Gundlach

wrote in message
. com...
Need a recommendation for a good surveyor in the Pompano Beach area if
anyone has had personal experience. Made and had accepted subject to

hull,
electrical and mechanical survey and sea trail on a 1995 Proline Model 251
WA . I know I can contact my insurance company and/or get list from
websites but I want to know if someone has had a good or bad experience

with
a local surveyor, Thanks. Fred

I would highly recommend Pete Brown, who came over from St. Petersburg to
survey my Morgan 46 in Ft. Lauderdale.

He knew this boat had some issues, and so made it his business to come a day
early (arrived Sunday early afternoon) and started with 6 hours aboard
before we went to dinner.

Monday we were aboard the boat before 8AM, and didn't leave until a little
after 8PM, after which he drove back to STP. Given the level of detail, I
don't expect the written report for a day or two.

In the survey, he climbed both masts and looked at the fittings and all the
adjacent stuff on the way up (and out, to the tips of the spreaders), so his
fee includes a rigging survey, in practical terms.

At your size, it may not be practical/cost effective to have him travel, but
if I had any questions about the boat, I'd pay the extra to have him come
over (well, technically, I already did!). His travel fee is very
reasonable, I thought, and given the level of attention to detail he gives a
boat, his survey fee, likewise.

Here's how to reach him 7882) office (727 244 6534) cell. Oh, and by the way, he was referred to me
by none other than Charlie Brown, the owner of the company that built my
boat, and several other users, when I was making my preparations for this
purchase.

L8R

Skip (and Lydia, by proxy)
cc Pete (Hi, Pete!)

--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are

Gary Schafer

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:49:26 GMT, wrote:

Need a recommendation for a good surveyor in the Pompano Beach area if
anyone has had personal experience. Made and had accepted subject to hull,
electrical and mechanical survey and sea trail on a 1995 Proline Model 251
WA . I know I can contact my insurance company and/or get list from
websites but I want to know if someone has had a good or bad experience with
a local surveyor, Thanks. Fred

Rhodes marine surveyors. Mark & Mike Rhodes. Mike does sail and Mark
power.
954- 946-6779 or 946-6671. .

Regards
Gary