Gould 0738

Default New Version of "Brightwork" by Rebecca Wittman

Just received a copy of a reissue of "Brightwork" by Rebecca J. Wittman.

The new book is in paperback format, 175 pages, and is more suitable for
keeping aboard the boat. One of the motivations for the reissue is that many
boaters considered her beautifully illustrated 1990 original too "pretty" for
the boat, and many were languishing on coffee tables in homes and offices. The
reissue is a much more compact format, and will fit more easily in a locker or
a drawer.

Keith

How about content? Is it significantly updated, or basically the same
material? Mine's on the boat. Or course, I live on the boat... ;-)

--

Keith
__
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Just received a copy of a reissue of "Brightwork" by Rebecca J. Wittman.

The new book is in paperback format, 175 pages, and is more suitable for
keeping aboard the boat. One of the motivations for the reissue is that

many
boaters considered her beautifully illustrated 1990 original too "pretty"

for
the boat, and many were languishing on coffee tables in homes and offices.

The
reissue is a much more compact format, and will fit more easily in a

locker or
a drawer.

Gould 0738

How about content? Is it significantly updated, or basically the same
material? Mine's on the boat. Or course, I live on the boat... ;-)

I would say it is slightly abbreviated from the original text, and not
dramatically updated. I appreciate the new format because the old book was,
indeed, too "pretty" to get around varnish and oaxalic acid. I used to read the
book before I'd undertake a project, learn what I hoped I needed to know, and
then go to work. I'd be less reluctant to drag the smaller paperback along as a
"working" reference.