Dick Locke

Default Uniden VHF with WHAM mike

Anyone have comments pro or con on the Uniden Polaris VHF with the
"WHAM" wireless remote mike/speaker/control panel? I like the idea of
wireless if it works but haven't heard much about Uniden...

T.S. Haisma

I use a Uniden MC6700 for more than ten years now, without any problems. No
experience with wireless. All I know about Uniden is that it is Danish.

"Dick Locke" schreef in bericht
Anyone have comments pro or con on the Uniden Polaris VHF with the
"WHAM" wireless remote mike/speaker/control panel? I like the idea of
wireless if it works but haven't heard much about Uniden...

N.V. À Cause ?

I was told by a Uniden's rep. that the "WHAN" was only usable up to 50
Feet from the main station.....

Dick Locke a écrit :

Anyone have comments pro or con on the Uniden Polaris VHF with the
"WHAM" wireless remote mike/speaker/control panel? I like the idea of
wireless if it works but haven't heard much about Uniden...

Dick Locke

Dick Locke a écrit :

Anyone have comments pro or con on the Uniden Polaris VHF with the
"WHAM" wireless remote mike/speaker/control panel? I like the idea of
wireless if it works but haven't heard much about Uniden...

That's quite a bit more than the distance from the VHF to either end
of my boat, so it should be adequate for on-board use. It should
relegate the hand-held to dinghy use and get it out of the cockpit....

Still wondering if any here has tried it?.

Bobsprit

I was told by a Uniden's rep. that the "WHAN" was only usable up to 50
Feet from the main station.....

Most people only need about 10-15 feet, so that would be fine. I wonder what
the "real" range is. 50 feet sounds like a lot.

RB