BoatBanter.com

-   -   Boat Choices for "fast" trawler? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9057-boat-choices-%22fast%22-trawler.html)

DFullSail February 10th 04 11:40 PM

Boat Choices for "fast" trawler?

I am looking for a 31 to 35 foot Diesel powered "fast" trawler. The only one I
am familiar with is the Albin. I like the 32+2, but would like to know what
other type boats would fit into this catagory. The Albin cruises around 18
Knots.

Gould 0738 February 11th 04 12:05 AM

Boat Choices for "fast" trawler?

Check out both Nordic and American tugs.

Gould 0738 February 11th 04 12:05 AM

Jeff Morris February 11th 04 01:10 AM

Boat Choices for "fast" trawler?

PDQ MV/34

http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts...rFrameSet.html

Rob February 11th 04 03:10 AM

DFullSail wrote:

I am looking for a 31 to 35 foot Diesel powered "fast" trawler. The only one I
am familiar with is the Albin. I like the 32+2, but would like to know what
other type boats would fit into this catagory. The Albin cruises around 18
Knots.

Beneteau is now importing their trawlers into the US. The Swift 42
cruises at 20 knots with a pair of Yanmars.

http://www.beneteaupower.com/
--
Rob

Larry W4CSC February 11th 04 04:12 AM

Boat Choices for "fast" trawler?

On 10 Feb 2004 23:40:46 GMT, (DFullSail) wrote:

"fast" trawler.

Isn't this an oxymoron??......(c;

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....