Go Fig

Default Hints for Whale Watching off So. Calif ?

I have some friends in from out of town who would like to go whale
watching.

In my many years of cruising in So Cal waters I've seen them many, many
times, but have never went looking specificaly for them like I would
like to do now.

Short of just following the professional tour boats, can anyone one
offer any suggestions ?

Im out of MARINA DEL REY, I thought I would just head somewhere between
Palos Verdes peninsula and Catalina island.

Thoughts ?

jay
Fri Feb 06, 2004

Alan Gomes

If I'm not mistaken, the recent "Log" newspaper had an article on this very
subject. (This is a free paper you can pick up at marine hardware stores and
marinas in the area.)

--Alan Gomes

"Go Fig" wrote in message
I have some friends in from out of town who would like to go whale
watching.

In my many years of cruising in So Cal waters I've seen them many, many
times, but have never went looking specificaly for them like I would
like to do now.

Short of just following the professional tour boats, can anyone one
offer any suggestions ?

Im out of MARINA DEL REY, I thought I would just head somewhere between
Palos Verdes peninsula and Catalina island.

Thoughts ?

jay
Fri Feb 06, 2004

Go Fig

In article R8iVb.195926$Rc4.1657708@attbi_s54, Alan Gomes
wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the recent "Log" newspaper had an article on this very
subject. (This is a free paper you can pick up at marine hardware stores and
marinas in the area.)

Thanx, they had several articles on the subject at their web site.

jay
Mon Feb 09, 2004

--Alan Gomes