Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Red Red is offline

Default EPIRB launcher

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the hydrostatic release
module that is inside the case that launches the EPIRB when the boat is
sinking? Specifically the one I am inquiring about is the Hammar model
H20 E. It says on the top that you should replace after 2 years of
"use", but what if the unit was manufactured longer than a few years
prior? If the manufacture date is 2005, but has been deployed in the
case for only one year since purchase - would the unit still be good and
reliable? I am not familiar with the internal workings of these units,
are they a form of explosive charge (making them more susceptible to
failures over time similar to flares), or just spring loaded? Any other
info I should know? Thanks
Red

FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 March 1st 04 01:14 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 February 26th 04 01:50 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 February 25th 04 01:29 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 February 24th 04 06:52 PM
FS: EPIRB in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 January 8th 04 03:48 AM