ABishop

Default Caribbean bareboating: Guadaloupe/Dominica vs St. Vincent and the Grenadines?

We'll be bareboating for 2 weeks in late May and early June,
tentatively in Guadeloupe and Dominica. We've previously bareboated in
the BVIs (twice) and St. Martin/Anguilla/St. Bart's (2002).

Can anyone offer comparisons between these 2 areas? Seems like there's
less recent cruising information about Guadeloupe and Dominica, and
more about St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I sense that they are
significantly different cruising experiences but would like to hear
others' experiences and opinions.

We're looking for:
- a variety of nice anchorages; less rolly is good
- good snorkeling
- fun onshore (bars, restaurants near anchorages; sights onshore)
- moderately challenging sailing
- friendly people
- minimum of hassle (language, money, customs -- only one of us speaks
French)

Thanks,
Ann Bishop