Ken Heaton

Default Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!!

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message
Does this great charger have a name and model besides "Walmart" and $89?

This is a quote from the Larry's original post in case you missed it:

"WalMart is handling a new line of Vector switching,
microprocessor-controlled "Smart" battery chargers. I had to buy the
biggest one, of course. It's a manly charger...(c; AR! AR!

The model is VEC1093A.
http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...y-charger.html
WalMart has it discounted to $89 and change from its $110 retail."

You should be able to get more info from the link Larry provided.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Larry W4CSC

Thanks.....(blush). Mindspring was a LONG time ago....

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:16:24 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On 28 Jan 2004 10:51:12 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:30:32 GMT, WaIIy said:

Larry, I believe it was a rebuke to Krause the Troll, not you.

You got it. I too was happy to read the info about the charger.

I've been reading Larry's stories since he was in the Mindspring groups.

I love all the stuff he gets into and I hope he continues to share his
stories for a long time.

I swear he should write a book.

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!

Larry W4CSC

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:23:29 -0600, "Rick & Linda Bernard"
wrote:

Does this great charger have a name and model besides "Walmart" and $89?

Vector VEC1093A

http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...-products.html

Mine's the 40A one at the bottom....(c;

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!

Larry W4CSC

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:29:17 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

Have you checked for RF noise on an HF receiver? I would hate to see a bunch
of these running in a marine if they are noisy as I suspect they be.
73
Doug K7ABX

No, I sure haven't, Doug. Mine's reconditioning the 6-year-old diesel
starting battery in my restored 1973 Mercedes 220D antique car,
tonight. I'll check it, when I can.

It can't be any noisier than that damned dual 10A Guest under the aft
cabin bunk in Lionheart. It's 20 over S9 across the HF bands on the
M802/AT140/backstay. Damned thing makes more noise than an electric
drill and VERY wideband!

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!

del cecchi

wrote:

Have you checked for RF noise on an HF receiver? I would hate to see

a bunch
of these running in a marine if they are noisy as I suspect they be.
73
Doug K7ABX

No, I sure haven't, Doug. Mine's reconditioning the 6-year-old diesel
starting battery in my restored 1973 Mercedes 220D antique car,
tonight. I'll check it, when I can.

It can't be any noisier than that damned dual 10A Guest under the aft
cabin bunk in Lionheart. It's 20 over S9 across the HF bands on the
M802/AT140/backstay. Damned thing makes more noise than an electric
drill and VERY wideband!

Maybe you ought to rat them out to the FCC. Shouldn't it be Class B, or
about as noisy as a PC?

del cecchi

Wayne.B

wrote:
Have you checked for RF noise on an HF receiver? I would hate to see a bunch
of these running in a marine if they are noisy as I suspect they be.
73
Doug K7ABX

Most of the marine inverters spray around enough HF noise that one
more source will probably never be noticed.