Default Wa storm

Storm yesterday was forecasted for waves off the coast of 40 to 45
foot and one wave was actually monitored at a whopping 70 feet! That was
evidently before the weather buoy was uprooted. I wonder where they will
find that sucker.
Wind gusts were measured at just over 100 mph on the Ore and south wa
coasts and 90 in the straits of Juan de Fuca.
Gordon
Bob Bob is offline

On Dec 4, 2:37 pm, Gordon wrote:
Storm yesterday was forecasted for waves off the coast of 40 to 45
foot and one wave was actually monitored at a whopping 70 feet! That was
evidently before the weather buoy was uprooted. I wonder where they will
find that sucker.
Wind gusts were measured at just over 100 mph on the Ore and south wa
coasts and 90 in the straits of Juan de Fuca.
Gordon

Hi Gordon:

Yup, pretty good one. A couple spots on OR coast got 124 mph gusts.
But not all that uncommon. The bouy that got plucked was off Astoria/
Columbia River Bar I belive.

But to quote Skip Gunlack............, "those NOAA people did it to us
again.... can not depend on them..... not reliable..." Hummm, check
out the post I made here Nov 29 titled "PNW Weather." I posted a OPC
map with that big low lumbering east to PNW. Id say NOAA is doing okay
plotting weather 3-4 days out.

Bob

NL - Den Helder - waiting out the storm - file 1 of 3 storm-1.jpg Jeronimus Tall Ship Photos 1 November 10th 07 08:11 AM
NL - Den Helder - waiting out the storm - file 3 of 3 storm-3.jpg Jeronimus Tall Ship Photos 0 November 10th 07 07:17 AM
NL - Den Helder - waiting out the storm - file 2 of 3 storm-2.jpg Jeronimus Tall Ship Photos 0 November 10th 07 07:17 AM
The same storm. Ellen MacArthur ASA 0 January 5th 07 05:46 PM
OT The Storm That Ate the GOP [email protected] General 29 September 18th 05 02:04 PM