posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,alt.tv.american-idol,rec.boats.cruising,rec.sport.rugby.union

Default A Million Iraqis Have Been Killed Because of America - Stop The Madness NOW

Dear Friends,

As of July 2006, a scientific study led by researchers at Johns
Hopkins found that 650,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S.-led
invasion. Unfortunately, the death toll has continued to mount since
then.

Aside from your post being inappropriate for rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, why
on EARTH would Johns Hopkins fund a "scientific study" dealing with
civilian deaths in Iraq?????

They wanted to find out how many more to go?

posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.tv.american-idol,rec.boats.cruising,rec.sport.rugby.union

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

wrote:

Dear Friends,

As of July 2006, a scientific study led by researchers at Johns
Hopkins found that 650,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S.-led
invasion. Unfortunately, the death toll has continued to mount since
then.

Aside from your post being inappropriate for rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,
why on EARTH would Johns Hopkins fund a "scientific study" dealing with
civilian deaths in Iraq?????

It's election season and the DNC has herds of party hacks posting
bull**** to every newsgroup.

14-12-1999 UN Report

Effect on the Iraqi Population

As in war, it is civilians who are the prime victims of sanctions.
Salaries are as low as US$2 a month; there is around 50% unemployment.
People have had to sell their belongings in order to survive -- first
their cars, then household appliances, even their books and furniture.
Regular school attendance by children under 15 has fallen drastically
since 1990 for "school does not give us money in order to live". And in
the schools themselves, pupils often have to squat on the floor for want
of chairs and desks. Water pipes have not been repaired, and there are
huge pools of stagnating water in the school yard.
**************
Remember this was 4 years before the U.S. Invasion when the DNC didn't
give a hoot about the lives of Iraqis.
LZ
posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,alt.tv.american-idol,rec.boats.cruising,rec.sport.rugby.union

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:21:57 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

Dear Friends,

As of July 2006, a scientific study led by researchers at Johns
Hopkins found that 650,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S.-led
invasion. Unfortunately, the death toll has continued to mount since
then.

Aside from your post being inappropriate for
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, why on EARTH would Johns Hopkins
fund a "scientific study" dealing with civilian deaths in
Iraq?????

Why, so the bloke could write the post, of course.....You see, it is
all a conspiracy.....

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)
posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,alt.tv.american-idol,rec.boats.cruising,rec.sport.rugby.union

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:12:00 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:21:57 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

Dear Friends,

As of July 2006, a scientific study led by researchers at Johns
Hopkins found that 650,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S.-led
invasion. Unfortunately, the death toll has continued to mount since
then.

Aside from your post being inappropriate for
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, why on EARTH would Johns Hopkins
fund a "scientific study" dealing with civilian deaths in
Iraq?????

Johns Hopkins did the study, using the same well accepted, documented
and accurate method of counting civilian deaths that is used in large
scale natural disasters.

The US government is 'estimating' civilian deaths at less than 10% of
actual civilian causalities.

Johns Hopkins' study proves this.

The Defense Dept. immediately dismissed the stringently documented study
as 'inaccurate'. Yeah, riiiight!

So who do you trust to give accurate numbers of civilian deaths in Iraq:
the US Defense Dept., or Johns Hopkins?

I sure as hell don't believe a DAMN THING the US government says about
what has happened in Iraq.

Remember the famous weapons of mass destruction? You know: the story
told by the CIA to justify declaring war on Iraq? The WMD's that never
existed?

'Nuff said.

Gandalf wrote:
Remember the famous weapons of mass destruction? You know: the story
told by the CIA to justify declaring war on Iraq? The WMD's that
never existed?

You mean THESE WMDs?[i]
Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.)

"According to the CIA's report, all U.S. intelligence experts agree
that Iraq is seeking nuclear weapons. There is little question that
Saddam Hussein wants to develop nuclear weapons." # Congressional
Record, October 9, 2002

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.)

"In the four years since the inspectors, intelligence reports show
that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological
weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear
program. ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam
Hussein will continue to increase his capability to wage biological
and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear
weapons." # Congressional Record, October 10, 2002

Senator Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"[It] is Hussein's vigorous pursuit of biological, chemical and
nuclear weapons, and his present and potential future support for
terrorist acts and organizations, that make him a terrible danger to
the people to the United States." # Congressional Record, October 10,
2002

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)

"We must eliminate that [potential nuclear] threat now before it is
too late. But that isn't just a future threat. Saddam's existing
biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose real threats to
America today, tomorrow. ... [He] is working to develop delivery
systems like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring
these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the
Middle East. He could make these weapons available to many terrorist
groups, third parties, which have contact with his government. Those
groups, in turn, could bring those weapons into the United States and
unleash a devastating attack against our citizens. I fear that
greatly." # Congressional Record, October 10, 2002

Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.)

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and
developing weapons of mass destruction.” # Remarks at Johns Hopkins
School of Advanced International Studies, October 27, 2002

Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn.)

"There is no question that Iraq possesses biological and chemical
weapons and that he seeks to acquire additional weapons of mass
destruction, including nuclear weapons. That is not in debate. I also
agree with President Bush that Saddam Hussein is a threat to peace
and must be disarmed, to quote President Bush directly." #
Congressional Record , October 8, 2002

President Bill Clinton

"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more
of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now - a rogue state with
weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to
terrorists, drug traffickers, or organized criminals who travel the
world among us unnoticed. If we fail to respond today, Saddam, and
all those who would follow in his footsteps, will be emboldened
tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in
the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council,
and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program." #
Remarks at the Pentagon , February 17, 1998

"[L]et's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply and we fail
to act, or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet
more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass
destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions
and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he
will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He
will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an
arsenal of devastating destruction. And some day, some way, I
guarantee you he'll use the arsenal. And I think every one of you who
has really worked on this for any length of time, believes that,
too." # Remarks at the Pentagon, February 17, 1998

"Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic
missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: He has used them,
not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical weapons against Iranian
troops during a decade-long war. Not only against soldiers, but
against civilians, firing Scud missiles at the citizens of Israel,
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Iran. And not only against a foreign enemy,
but even against his own people, gassing Kurdish civilians in
Northern Iraq. The international community had little doubt then, and
I have no doubt today, that left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use
these terrible weapons again." # Remarks at the White House ,
December 16, 1998

Vice President Al Gore

"f you allow someone like Saddam Hussein to get nuclear weapons,
ballistic missiles, chemical weapons, biological weapons, how many
people is he going to kill with such weapons? He's already
demonstrated a willingness to use these weapons; he poison gassed his
own people. He used poison gas and other weapons of mass destruction
against his neighbors. This man has no compunctions about killing
lots and lots of people." # Larry King Live, December 16, 1998

"Remember, Peter, this is a man who has used poison gas on his own
people and on his neighbors repeatedly. He's trying to get ballistic
missiles, nuclear weapons, chemical and biological weapons. He could
be a mass murderer of the first order of magnitude. We are not going
to allow that to happen." # ABC News’ "Special Report,” December 16,
1998

"We know that [Saddam] has stored away secret supplies of biological
weapons and chemical weapons throughout his Country." # Remarks to
the Commonwealth Club of California, San Francisco, Calif., September
23, 2002

Secretary Of State Madelyn Albright

"Countering terror is one aspect of our struggle to maintain
international security and peace. Limiting the dangers posed by
weapons of mass destruction is a second. Saddam Hussein's Iraq
encompasses both of these challenges.” # Remarks at the American
Legion Convention, New Orleans, La., August 9, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [America], but what happens there matters a
great deal here. For the risk that the leaders of a rogue state will
use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies
is the greatest security threat we face. And it is a threat against
which we must and will stand firm. In discussing Iraq, we begin by
knowing that Saddam Hussein, unlike any other leader, has used
weapons of mass destruction even against his own people." # CNN
"Showdown With Iraq: International Town Meeting," February 18, 1998

Defense Secretary William Cohen

Cohen appeared on ABC’s "This Week” in 1997 to talk about Saddam’s
weapons of mass destruction. To illustrate the danger, he brought a
five-pound bag of sugar.

Cohen: It’s important when we talk about weapons of mass destruction
that we translate that into something that the American people, and
hopefully, the world community can understand. If you take a five
pound bag of sugar and accept – call this anthrax (holding up a
5-pound bag of table sugar). This amount of anthrax could be spread
over a city – let’s say the size of Washington. It could destroy at
least half the population of that city. If you had even more amounts

One of the things we found with anthrax is that one breath and you
are likely to face death within five days. One small particle of
anthrax could produce death within five days.

VX is a nerve agent. One drop from this particular thimble as such –
one single drop will kill you within a few minutes.

Cokie Roberts: Would you put that bag down please.

Cohen: Now I want to point out – I will spill it on the table – point
out that he has had enormous amounts and I’d like to go to some of
the lies that have been told about this, because originally, if we
could look at this particular chart, the original declaration of
Iraq, he said he had small quantities of nerve agent for research. We
found almost four tons of VX – that little vial I just showed you –
four tons of it. # "This Week” on ABC, November 16, 1997

'Nuff said.

**************
Damn straight.
LZ
posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.tv.american-idol,rec.boats.cruising,rec.sport.rugby.union

Leonard wrote:
On the WMD situation, I submit , it's a very large sand box. I seem
too recall that Saddam buried fighter jets in the sand too keep them
from being destroyed. Have you looked in all the sand?

Maybe "NOT" Nuff said or done!

The following is a list of statements made by prominent Democrats on
Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction program:

# Congressional Record, October 9, 2002

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.)

"In the four years since the inspectors, intelligence reports show that
Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons
stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. ... It
is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue
to increase his capability to wage biological and chemical warfare and
will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

# Congressional Record, October 10, 2002

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)

"We must eliminate that [potential nuclear] threat now before it is too
late. But that isn't just a future threat. Saddam's existing biological
and chemical weapons capabilities pose real threats to America today,
tomorrow. ... [He] is working to develop delivery systems like missiles
and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons
against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the Middle East. He could
make these weapons available to many terrorist groups, third parties,
which have contact with his government. Those groups, in turn, could
bring those weapons into the United States and unleash a devastating
attack against our citizens. I fear that greatly."
# Congressional Record, October 10, 2002

Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.)

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and
developing weapons of mass destruction.”
# Remarks at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies,
October 27, 2002

# Remarks at the Pentagon , February 17, 1998

"[L]et's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply and we fail to
act, or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet more
opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and
continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to
ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that
the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude
that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating
destruction. And some day, some way, I guarantee you he'll use the
arsenal. And I think every one of you who has really worked on this for
any length of time, believes that, too."

# Remarks at the White House , December 16, 1998

Vice President Al Gore

"[i]f you allow someone like Saddam Hussein to get nuclear weapons,
ballistic missiles, chemical weapons, biological weapons, how many
people is he going to kill with such weapons? He's already demonstrated
a willingness to use these weapons; he poison gassed his own people. He
used poison gas and other weapons of mass destruction against his
neighbors. This man has no compunctions about killing lots and lots of
people."
# Larry King Live, December 16, 1998

"Remember, Peter, this is a man who has used poison gas on his own
people and on his neighbors repeatedly. He's trying to get ballistic
missiles, nuclear weapons, chemical and biological weapons. He could be
a mass murderer of the first order of magnitude. We are not going to
allow that to happen."
# ABC News’ "Special Report,” December 16, 1998

"We know that [Saddam] has stored away secret supplies of biological
weapons and chemical weapons throughout his Country."
# Remarks to the Commonwealth Club of California, San Francisco, Calif.,
September 23, 2002

Secretary Of State Madelyn Albright

"Countering terror is one aspect of our struggle to maintain
international security and peace. Limiting the dangers posed by weapons
of mass destruction is a second. Saddam Hussein's Iraq encompasses both
of these challenges.”
# Remarks at the American Legion Convention, New Orleans, La., August 9,
1998

[...]

four tons of VX – that little vial I just showed you – four tons of it.
# "This Week” on ABC, November 16, 1997
Which WMDs were the Democrats talking about?
LZ