Joe Joe is offline

Default Ping Geoff

Greeting Geoff;

Did you get any type of USCG sticker for your boat for leaving and
returning to the USA?

PS: if you use Capt. Freya Rauscher's guide to cruising Belize and the
Caribbean I have an update. Day before yesterday I took a GPS fix from
the center of the cut in the reef to San Pedro. It is exactly
17.54.28N and 87.57.36 W . The yellow bouy now has a flashing yellow
light at 5 second intervials. It was put on by the fellow who owns the
Bilikin brewery. Always leave it to port about 25 yards entering the
reef from sea, when it's abeam head towards the radio antenna tower.

Every thing else in the guide is spot on.

Thanks
Joe

Joe wrote in news:1194545036.191747.255010
@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Greeting Geoff;

Did you get any type of USCG sticker for your boat for leaving and
returning to the USA?

PS: if you use Capt. Freya Rauscher's guide to cruising Belize and the
Caribbean I have an update. Day before yesterday I took a GPS fix from
the center of the cut in the reef to San Pedro. It is exactly
17.54.28N and 87.57.36 W . The yellow bouy now has a flashing yellow
light at 5 second intervials. It was put on by the fellow who owns the
Bilikin brewery. Always leave it to port about 25 yards entering the
reef from sea, when it's abeam head towards the radio antenna tower.

Every thing else in the guide is spot on.

Thanks
Joe

Joe,

Yes, I get a US Customs decal before returning. Note that while out of the
country I've had it sent to relatives who give me the number and I simply
provide that to Customs. Here are the instructions that came from Customs:

--------
Go to www.cbp.gov from any PC with a browser (website is not compatible
with Macintosh).

Click on the "Travel" tab, at top of screen.

Click on "User Fee Decals and Transponders" link, in the Quicklinks
section, right side of screen.

Click on "Apply Online for User Fee Decals and Transponders", on right side
of screen, under "On the Web".
--------

Glad to hear that there's a bouy again at the San Pedro cut. It washes
away regularly and I can't remember a mit bouy before.

Enjoy! I'm jealous...

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 8, 4:45 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
[...]

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Geoff I now have one in the mail. Don't be too jealous I just
flew down to check out the harbor, and cut thru the reef, and to tour
the Caye Coffee facility. We will be kicking off around the 17th to
sail down and sail back with 10,000 lbs of Caye Coffee.

Joe