Gordon Wedman

Default Waltz radar levelling mounts no longer available

Cyber-Marine had heard there was a design defect with the Manta RLS which
caused it to leak oil and that there were a lot of warranty issues.
I may have a second look at the Garhauer pole with the manually adjustable
platform. It was about the same cost as the Waltz unit, about $700, so the
Waltz seemed like a better buy.

"Dennis Gibbons" wrote in message
.net...
That explains why I have not been able to get through. My Waltz leaked

oil
during the Bermuda Race and I wanted information on how to redo it and

after
a few emails, everything went dead.

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net
"Gordon Wedman" wrote in message
I finally decided to buy a Waltz mount for my radar and it seems the
company, Performance Marine Tech/Manta, has gone bust.
Performance Yacht Systems (Pyacht.com), West Marine and Cyber-Marine all
told me they have no stock and either have not been able to contact the
manufacturer or believe the units are no longer being produced.
Cyber-Marine had heard there was a design flaw with the new style Manta

RLS
which basically put the company out of business.
Now I'll have to buy a Questus, $ouch$.

JR Gilbreath

Try www.riggingonly.com for a Questus. Not only are they a few hundred dollars
cheaper than the Questus home page they are truly great to deal with. I bought

a Questus unit from them and got great service and advice. I have bought other
things from them and have always been impressed with them.
JR. Gilbreath