Robert Miles

Default Yaesu FRG-7

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Wow...retro memories! I had an FRG-7. Great little general coverage
receiver for its day. Thanks for the memories....

Little is not an adjective I would use....

I have one here.. needs a new audio pot...
My TS50 is a quarter of the size and transmits as well...

Regards

Bob
GM4CAQ

Larry W4CSC

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:21:55 -0000, "Robert Miles"
wrote:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Wow...retro memories! I had an FRG-7. Great little general coverage
receiver for its day. Thanks for the memories....

Little is not an adjective I would use....

Well, perhaps my references are a bit off. Compared to an R-390A,
SP-600, or Collins receiver, it's tiny, indeed....(c;

Do they sell WD-40 in the UK? If they do, hit the audio pot with a
tiny squirt of WD-40 and see if that doesn't rejuvenate it. Give it
20 stop to stop cranks.

Robert Miles

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Snip

Do they sell WD-40 in the UK? If they do, hit the audio pot with a
tiny squirt of WD-40 and see if that doesn't rejuvenate it. Give it
20 stop to stop cranks.

Will seek some out.. always useful on the boat..

Regards

Bob

Gordon Wedman

Universal Radio gives it a "5" on the 1 to 5 scale. You can get a bit of
info he
http://www.dxing.com/rx/frg7.htm
and general info on short-wave radios from:
www.dxing.com
Have fun.

"Vic Fraenckel" wrote in message
I inherited a Yaesu FRG-7 receiver from my father. I have never used it.

As
I get spun up for a "new" life as a live-aboarder I am contemplating the
stuff I will need and have been looking at the FRG-7. Is it a
reasonable/useful item to have aboard?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

TIA

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however

long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus