Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default August 3 - Sailing in Steerage

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:56:30 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

I suppose for sailboat cruisers the real shakedown elements are
rigging, sails and drive train related.

Those are important obviously but for extended cruising like S & L
aspire to, it is everything that makes the boat livable. It's a long
list on our boat but I can usually tell on a 2 or 3 day cruise if all
systems are go. On the other hand I've been cruising the boat for 3
years now, have learned what to look for, and have already replaced
the weak links.