Default Whittley USA

Hi, looking to buy our first boat. Was looking at used (very
interested in a Maxum) but found this dealer here in Ontario, Canada,
that is selling new Whittley USA 2006 models at a "discount". ("$7,000
off! $13,000 off!")

http://www.doublerperformance.com/ga...dex.php?cat=52

However, I found only 2 hits from this news group on Whittley on
Google Groups. What's the deal with these boats? are they so new to
North America that no one has them? or they are junk? I am guessing
the resale value would be pretty low?

"Tippi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, looking to buy our first boat. Was looking at used (very
interested in a Maxum) but found this dealer here in Ontario, Canada,
that is selling new Whittley USA 2006 models at a "discount". ("$7,000
off! $13,000 off!")

http://www.doublerperformance.com/ga...dex.php?cat=52

However, I found only 2 hits from this news group on Whittley on
Google Groups. What's the deal with these boats? are they so new to
North America that no one has them? or they are junk? I am guessing
the resale value would be pretty low?

If you like that type of boat, I think the big thing against them is that
gas burner 350 cu or larger burning up gas at the rate of 9 gph or more and
then crank in the $3+ per gallon. For an afternoon on the water,
conservatively $150. How many days are you going to run around at that
price. For example, where I live in South Carolina, it is a 60 mile to the
gulf stream so you will be flat out as much as sea conditions permit, so
figure 3 hours at 10 to 12 gph. The 4 to 6 hours trolling so that saves us a
bit of fuel as you will be burning 6 to 8 gph followed by the run home. I
hope you have deep pockets to feed that thing. We have several big sport
fishers the have been spending a lot of time at the pier this year and only
fish the big tournaments vice running to the stream weekends and most of
those are diesel.

Leanne