BoatBanter.com

-   -   Peggy What is the name of your book? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8418-peggy-what-name-your-book.html)

Paul Nightingale December 10th 03 06:15 AM

Peggy What is the name of your book?

And is it available in Canada?

Peggie Hall December 10th 03 03:22 PM

Peggy What is the name of your book?

It's called "Get Rid of Boat Odors--A Guide to Marine Sanitation Systems
and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor." The publisher is Seaworthy
Publications (my sig includes a link to it on their site).

And is it available in Canada?

I don't know if it's on the shelf anywhere in Canada yet, but Amazon has
it. You can also buy it directly from my publisher...or, if you'd like a
signed copy, from the online store on the sailboatowners.com site (they
sell it, I sign and mail it for them) at
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

Thanks for asking!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

[email protected] December 10th 03 04:59 PM

Peggy What is the name of your book?

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:22:36 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

And is it available in Canada?

I don't know if it's on the shelf anywhere in Canada yet, but Amazon has
it. You can also buy it directly from my publisher...or, if you'd like a
signed copy, from the online store on the sailboatowners.com site (they
sell it, I sign and mail it for them) at
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

Yes, Peggie, it's available here in Toronto and likely elsewhere. A
new liveaboard friend of mine bought it last month and recommends it
highly.

It's posted at http://www.nauticalmind.com , a very good Toronto
bookshop. If I review it for our club newsletter, I will forward you
the review.

You should consider appearing at the Toronto International Boat Show
this January. It's a vast event and you'll soon learn how many fans
you have on Lake Ontario, where we endeavour to keep the black out of
the blue. 'Cause we drink it, eventually. G

R.

Peggie Hall December 10th 03 05:33 PM

wrote:

Yes, Peggie, it's available here in Toronto and likely elsewhere. A
new liveaboard friend of mine bought it last month and recommends it
highly.

That's nice to hear!

It's posted at
http://www.nauticalmind.com , a very good Toronto
bookshop. If I review it for our club newsletter, I will forward you
the review.

Thank you!

You should consider appearing at the Toronto International Boat Show
this January. It's a vast event and you'll soon learn how many fans
you have on Lake Ontario, where we endeavour to keep the black out of
the blue. 'Cause we drink it, eventually. G

I would love to, but it's a bit late to plan for this coming January.
Maybe in '05. Are there seminars at the Toronto show?

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall

Don White December 11th 03 12:58 AM

Peggy What is the name of your book?

Peggy...here on the east coast, we discharge the heads through the hull.
If I bought a modest sized sailboat inland that might have a chemical toilet
with a pumpout fitting on the deck...
how hard would it be to convert to a thru hull discharge?
Would I have to tear the old head out and buy a new one?

Peggie Hall December 11th 03 03:23 AM

Don White wrote:
Peggy...here on the east coast, we discharge the heads through the hull.

There are no coastal (or inland) waters in the whole US--east coast,
west coast, or Gulf--in which it's legal to discharge raw untreated
toilet waste directly overboard or dump a tank. So unless you're only
using the the head when you're out to sea at least 3 miles from the
nearest point on the whole US coastline, or it's going through CG
certified Type I MSD (device that treats waste before discharging it
overboard) first, you're discharging it overboard illegally.

If I bought a modest sized sailboat inland that might have a chemical toilet
with a pumpout fitting on the deck...
how hard would it be to convert to a thru hull discharge?

You'd only have to install a y-valve in the pumpout hose, and a line
coming off it that goes to the through-hull, with a macerator pump
inline to empty the tank.

Would I have to tear the old head out and buy a new one?

Nope.

Peggie
Peggie Hall