James MacPhie

Default Air Horn

A frind of mine has installed a truck mounted horn on his boat. To
operate the horn a lever fitted through the facia has been fitted. It
does not allow enough air to pass through. Has anybody got any bright
ideas as to where I can purchase a push switch?
Jessie

Just went thru upgrading my air horn - it might not be the control -
maybe the run of hose - most air horns come with an underpowdered
compressor. I had to get a proper Thomas 12 VDC compressor, air tank
and solenoid valve to get my horn to sound like a horn and not a
strangled cow - course it's 30 ft up the mast at the lower spreaders.
Now with 135 psi and the resevoir - it gets attention.

On 9 Dec 2003 12:28:38 -0800, (James
MacPhie) wrote:

A frind of mine has installed a truck mounted horn on his boat. To
operate the horn a lever fitted through the facia has been fitted. It
does not allow enough air to pass through. Has anybody got any bright
ideas as to where I can purchase a push switch?

Diego Pons

Jessie wrote:
Just went thru upgrading my air horn - it might not be the control -
maybe the run of hose - most air horns come with an underpowdered
compressor. I had to get a proper Thomas 12 VDC compressor, air tank
and solenoid valve to get my horn to sound like a horn and not a
strangled cow - course it's 30 ft up the mast at the lower spreaders.
Now with 135 psi and the resevoir - it gets attention.

Looks like your setup would use a lot of battery power. What would be
the most efficient way to sound a horn, electric or gas?

Brian Whatcott

Air horns are usually driven from an electrically switched compressor.
If one insists on an air switch the push button from an air spray wand
might do it. Cheapy examples of air wands are to be had under $15.

Brian w

MacPhie) wrote:

A frind of mine has installed a truck mounted horn on his boat. To
operate the horn a lever fitted through the facia has been fitted. It
does not allow enough air to pass through. Has anybody got any bright
ideas as to where I can purchase a push switch?

Brian Whatcott

MacPhie) wrote:

A frind of mine has installed a truck mounted horn on his boat. To
operate the horn a lever fitted through the facia has been fitted. It
does not allow enough air to pass through. Has anybody got any bright
ideas as to where I can purchase a push switch?

Question on replacing a horn Ree-Yees General 10 May 20th 04 04:37 AM
Interesting book Gould 0738 General 4 November 6th 03 06:30 PM
warning horn tcoop General 18 October 29th 03 03:04 AM