Vic Fraenckel

Default Master and Commander --the movie

| Ever seen the Hornblower movies? Very good.

Movies Sucked!
Books GREAT!

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
| I liked M&C but have not read the books. M&C (the book)
| started out so slow and booring I lost interest. Ever seen the
| Hornblower movies? Very good.
|
| Doug
| s/v Callista
|
| "Gogarty" wrote in message
| In article ,
| says...
|

| Read the books
|
| I have. All of them. And all the spinoffs too.
|
| Would have been a better picture if they had taken just one book and
done
| it
| in depth, much like the Harry Potter pix are being made.

Leanne

Read the books

I have. All of them. And all the spinoffs too.

Which are the spin offs as we have the 20 vol set.

Leanne
S/V Fundy

Ken Heaton

I saw the movie Master and Commander and was disappointed. I started off
enjoying it but became annoyed with it before the end. I've recently
finished The Truelove (the 16th?) in the series and am enjoying them
immensely. I'll second the "lacked depth" review.

You referred to spin-offs. To what do you refer? Titles please, or
whatever.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"Vic Fraenckel" wrote in message
.. .
| Ever seen the Hornblower movies? Very good.

Movies Sucked!
Books GREAT!

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however

long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
| I liked M&C but have not read the books. M&C (the book)
| started out so slow and booring I lost interest. Ever seen the
| Hornblower movies? Very good.
|
| Doug
| s/v Callista
|
| "Gogarty" wrote in message
| In article ,
| says...
|

| Read the books
|
| I have. All of them. And all the spinoffs too.
|
| Would have been a better picture if they had taken just one book and
done
| it
| in depth, much like the Harry Potter pix are being made.

Ken Heaton

I saw the movie Master and Commander and was disappointed. I started off
enjoying it but became annoyed with it before the end. I've recently
finished The Truelove (the 16th?) in the series and am enjoying them
immensely. I'll second the "lacked depth" review.

You referred to spin-offs. To what do you refer? Titles please, or
whatever.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"Vic Fraenckel" wrote in message
.. .
| Ever seen the Hornblower movies? Very good.

Movies Sucked!
Books GREAT!

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however

long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
| I liked M&C but have not read the books. M&C (the book)
| started out so slow and booring I lost interest. Ever seen the
| Hornblower movies? Very good.
|
| Doug
| s/v Callista
|
| "Gogarty" wrote in message
| In article ,
| says...
|

| Read the books
|
| I have. All of them. And all the spinoffs too.
|
| Would have been a better picture if they had taken just one book and
done
| it
| in depth, much like the Harry Potter pix are being made.

DSK

Read the books

Gogarty wrote:
I have. All of them. And all the spinoffs too.

How about Dudley Pope and Alexander Kent?

With all the good sailing yarns out there to read, I just can't get excited
about Patrick O'Brian. I am looking forward to seeing the movie, but mostly just
to see the sailing scenes.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Ken Heaton

Alas, you may end up disappointed there. It seem to me they shot most of
the sailing scenes on days when there wasn't much wind. Most of the boat
speed seems to come from the engines. There is one storm scene though...
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"DSK" wrote in message