Hmseconomy

Default SpeedSeal Water Pump Cover

Especialy good on the Yanmar reverse facing pumps. Can replace the
impeller by feel. BRBR

I've got the Yanmar 2GM20F with the waterpump facing aft. It would appear that
this model for require the SpeedSeal with four thumbscrews. Is that correct?
If so, it also seems that two of the four would remain in place as you slide
the cover into their slots and then put in the last two thumbscrews. How
difficult is that to do by feel as you would not be able to see the screw
holes?
Doug Dotson

That is correct. The lower two screws are just loosened and the upper
two are removed. Then the plate just lifts up and off. I didn't have this
system on my Yanmar (3GM30F) and never changed an impeller on it
so I can't comment on that part. Its got to be better than trying to use a
screwdriver or nutdriver around a blind corner though.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Hmseconomy" wrote in message
Especialy good on the Yanmar reverse facing pumps. Can replace the
impeller by feel. BRBR

I've got the Yanmar 2GM20F with the waterpump facing aft. It would appear

that
this model for require the SpeedSeal with four thumbscrews. Is that

correct?
If so, it also seems that two of the four would remain in place as you

slide
the cover into their slots and then put in the last two thumbscrews. How
difficult is that to do by feel as you would not be able to see the screw
holes?

Hmseconomy

Yup - i put one on my yanmar 2gm20f - they helped me pick the right size -
shipped right away - it works great. BRBR

Hi Mike:

I think I have the same engine. Does your raw water pump face aft and the
only way to replace the impeller was to take the pump off the bracket?

Did you buy the SpeedSeal with four thumbscrews? I assume that two must stay
in place and that you still need to "feel" the holes for the other two and
put them in blind? How difficult, or not, is this to do? Any advice would
be appreciated.