BoatBanter.com

-   -   boat suggestion (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8208-boat-suggestion.html)

[email protected] November 21st 03 08:24 PM

boat suggestion

Hello - perhaps somebody could help me.

Considering buying my first boat for my family of 5 and I'm looking
for the smallest boat with the largest hull/cabin space possible. I've
not looked at anything yet, and don't even know what's available
really. Somebody down the block has what looks like a bayliner with
cabin space in hull. From the outside proportions, it looks like 14 -
16 foot boat. Would 4 people fit in it's hull?

Any recommended small family boat? I'd be taking it out mostly in the
upper and middle keys where water can be real shallow. I was
considering a jet boat, but owners always tell me they have to have
the engines rebuilt. A jet engine would be great down here if reliable
- any jets with cabins?

Also if buying used, what should ask and look for?