Marcus AAkesson

Default Capn v.6.1 question??

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:11:11 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

What I really think I need is a good basic fixed mount GPS with an external
antenna. Don't need a chart plotter, etc. because I want to use my
navigation software on the laptop.. All of my digital charts are BSB and I
don't want to change to another format.

If You need the display, get something used like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2443591 083

But, if You just want Your current setup but using a serial GPS, get a
Raymarine 112 or 114 intelligent GPS antenna. Couldn't be simpler,
mount it outdoors, give it 12 VDC and it will give You NMEA GPS
sentences back. Just a cable and a box inside to split serial and
12VDC. And they are really cheap sometimes on ebay, I bought a 114
(DGPS) for under 200 USD.

Beware though that some models are only SeaTalk, which doesn't do it
for You. The 112 is available in two versions, while the 114 is
configurable to either NMEA or SeaTalk.

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson