BoatBanter.com

-   -   155 HP Johnson Outboad (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/81111-155-hp-johnson-outboad.html)

[email protected] May 29th 07 09:07 PM

155 HP Johnson Outboad

I have a 155 Johnson that runs fine but when I tilt it for mooring at
the dock gas comes out of the carbs.Ive reset the float levels Any
suggestions?

Wilbur Hubbard May 29th 07 09:10 PM

155 HP Johnson Outboad

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a 155 Johnson that runs fine but when I tilt it for mooring at
the dock gas comes out of the carbs.Ive reset the float levels Any
suggestions?

Float needles or needle seats or both need replacing or cleaning.

Wilbur Hubbard

KLC Lewis May 30th 07 01:41 AM

155 HP Johnson Outboad

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a 155 Johnson that runs fine but when I tilt it for mooring at
the dock gas comes out of the carbs.Ive reset the float levels Any
suggestions?

I would recommend that before you shut down, you disconnect the fuel line
and then let the engine run itself out of gas. That could very well solve
the problem.

Larry May 30th 07 02:10 AM

155 HP Johnson Outboad

wrote in news:1180469228.375308.3700
@q66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Ive reset the float levels

What? Now it's running LEAN, which is self-destructive in ANY gas
engine!

Just run the gas out of it, which you should do before storing it anyways
to stop the gas from turning to shellac in the carbs...clogging the jets
making it run even more lean to destroy it. Shut the gas off as you
approach, or just leave it run until it stalls when you get to the dock
before you lift it.

RESET those floats back where you found them! A 2-stroke engine runs
best....JUST BEFORE IT SEIZES THE PISTONS!!....MILES AND MILES FROM THAT
TRAILER! It never seizes if it detects the trailer's presence....

Larry
--
Grade School Physics Factoid:
A building cannot freefall into its own footprint without