Default AGM Leisure battery 110AH arrived flat

On May 23, 6:35 pm, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 23 May 2007 09:46:15 -0700, navti wrote:

AGM Leisure battery 110AH arrived flat

I just bought 2 AGM 110AH leisure batteries

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sspagename=STR...

They just got here and they are both completely flat,

The dealer said that was normal and i should trickle charge them for
24 hours,

He said they had been on the shelf for 8 months,

Shouldnt he have been charging them during that time ?
Shouldnt they be kept in storage at 50 per cent charge ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

AGM batteries have a very low self-discharge rate. About 1% per month.
What you have does not sound right to me. 8 months on the shelf should
not have left the batteries totally flat. The batteries may still work
and take a charge, but their capacity and service life have been
affected. Personally, I'd be asking for a refund. I would not accept a
replacement, because at this point, what's to stop the dealer from
charging up another set of flat batteries and sending them as
replacements. They will arrive seeming good, but they will be the same
as what you have. He's already lied to you about this being "normal".
It isn't.

CWM

thanks

the batteries read 10.5 v and 11.5 v respectively

is there any way to tell how old they are ?

could i contact the manufacturer with the serial numbers ?