Mark

Default Diesel Power

I have looked at a 40' Sundeck trawler that appears to be repowered
with twin 350 HP Ford Leamans. This seems like an awful lot of
engine. My concern is that they will suck down the fuel even at low
RPM's. I only care about cruising around 8nm. Am I wrong with this
concern. The boat appears to be extrmely nice.

Mark
Jim Woodward

That's a lot of power in a forty foot boat. It suggests that the hull form
is designed to go a lot faster, so you might be happier with a different
boat (I don't know the Sundeck) if all you want to do is cruise
economically.

For example, there's an Ocean Alexander on Yachtworld with twin Perkins 85s
that is a little more like it.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I have looked at a 40' Sundeck trawler that appears to be repowered
with twin 350 HP Ford Leamans. This seems like an awful lot of
engine. My concern is that they will suck down the fuel even at low
RPM's. I only care about cruising around 8nm. Am I wrong with this
concern. The boat appears to be extrmely nice.

Mark

Florida Keyz

Never forget, Diesels kick gas engines, when it comes to Reliability, Starting,
Maintenence, Saftey,and Fuel Consumptioin.

Other than that, go for it.! If you dare!!!
Florida Keyz

Never forget, Diesels kick gas engines, when it comes to Reliability, Starting,
Maintenence, Saftey,and Fuel Consumptioin.

Other than that, go for it.! If you dare!!!

Boat "getting heavier" or Merc 4.2 diesel losing power? Peter Jones General 7 June 7th 04 10:12 PM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
Shore Power Parallax Cruising 5 October 15th 03 02:18 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM