Default Navigation light power saving - natural lighting

I have noticed that the red sector of my motoring navigation lights on
the mast below the spreaders is becoming decidedly orange over the
years due to sunlight action.

Sometimes at anchor in Indonesia we have noticed amazing displays of a
bright blueish light in the water about the boat, with "strands" of
light playing and moving randomly in the sea - very beautiful and, if
one were at sea level, the light is bright enough to see by. Doubtless
the siphonophores that are responsible for the light which they
produce by combining two proteins, exist elsewhere but it is only in
the deep waters about Indonesia that we have experienced them.

After reading of the discovery of a bioluminescent red produced by a
deep sea siphonophore, I have begun building a bionic powered red nav
light that requires no electricity at all. I had thought of a kerosene
one but the problem with using a kerosene lamp at that height above
deck is one of access. Therefore I intend to catch some of these
siphonophores that emit red light to entice their fish prey and feed
them with the flying fish that land on deck during passages. If left
for a few hours in the hot sun they naturally dessicate and thus could
be gathered and stored for regions where they are not abundant. They
would need to be physically protected from the sunlight but that is
only a simple matter to arrange.

The advantages of such a development are many apart from power
consumption. No voltage drop, unaffected by lightning strikes,
corrossion of wire not a problem, bulb replacement at an inconvenient
time a non-issue, no switches to corrode and totally environmentally
friendly apart from to the flying fish.

The only bottleneck so far is to develop a process for supplying the
fish to the captive creatures. I had thought of using a trained
cormorant or anahinga but then I would have to feed that as well and
their droppings are rather corrosive to metal and paintwork as many of
you will attest to.

If anyone has any ideas in this regard of supply of the fish "fuel" to
the light tank, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanking you in anticipation

Macerator pump, of course.