BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sailing school recommendations in OBX? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/79314-sailing-school-recommendations-obx.html)

The Average Boat Owning Idiot March 23rd 07 02:33 PM

Sailing school recommendations in OBX?

I have an opportunity to vistit Duck, NC around the end of May. I've also
recently come into posession of a 20' sailboat. I have never sailed before,
only motored. I'm thinking a one or two day introductory sailing class while
I'm in NC would be really handy. I don't need to become certifiable and all
my sailing for the foreseeable future will be in very protected waters. I
just need some instruction on what all those ropes and strings and stuff are
for so I can make the boat go and stop and maybe do a little steering in
between. Can anybody recommend someone who can give me what I need?