Default Valiant 32 and cruising in the southern Caribbean

My wife and I are looking at a Valiant 32 that appears to be well
equipped, had a good survey 2 years ago and is reasonably priced. We
would appreciate feedback on its sailing characteristics and
capabilities from those of you who have sailed one.

We have recently had to modify our immediate (next 36 months) plans from
full retirement to seasonal (3 month - Jan, Feb, Mar) cruising outings.
We were looking at a boat in the 37' range (Tayana, Pan Oceanic,
Union) but are now considering something smaller (Valiant 32, South
Cross 31) due to time and financial constrains.

We have family in Curacao so we would like to sail in and around the
Southern Caribbean. We are looking at the trip south to Curacao the
first year, ABCs and Venezuela the second and then the San Blas islands
and Panama the next. The boat would be left in Curacao at the end of
each season. If you have sailed in these areas, we would also like to
hear about your experiences (sailing, people, weather) and your thoughts
on our choice of boats.

terry668566 wrote:
[...]

Some of the Valients (especially the 40) were noted to have had
blister problems. I would check very closely.

"terry668566" wrote in message
ng.com...
[...]

Overall, my understanding that they're good boats... of course, a survey
will reveal much.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:14:19 -0400, terry668566 wrote:

[...]

There's been some discussion of the V32 on Sailing Anarchy lately:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums...howtopic=49928

Matt O.

[...]

Join the Valiant group on Yahoo Groups and ask for opinions from owners. No
Valiant ever sank because of blisters.

Gordon Wedman wrote:
[...]

Thanks Gord for the yahoo group referral . . .