Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Say, Larry

Larry,

I know the answer is somewhere in a search of this newsgroup but I'm feeling
lazy today. I've enjoyed your posts on batteries and would appreciate a
direct recommendation.

I'm probably going to be sailing off a mooring for much of the summer so
often won't even run the engine at all on day sails. I won't have any place
to plug the fat yellow cord into so a solar panel to keep my two AGM
batteries (Yeah, I know you don't like them but they work well for me.)
topped up is probably in order.

What would you buy for the simplest set up here in Maine? It will have to
just sit on a cockpit seat and be stowed while sailing. I'll want to wire it
to a dedicated plug so I can turn off the master switch when I leave the
boat.

Electrical loads are about as minimal as they get on a 32 foot boat, lights,
GPS, one radio, depthsounder, knotlog, 15 HP diesel. Bilge pumps never run.
I always run my batteries on "Both" (I know, but that's another discussion.
It works well for me.)

Come to think of it, I don't want any permanent connection between the
battery banks to complicate things when I am using my dual charger on shore
power with the master switch off so I probably need two separate solar
panels.

(Anyone else feel free with a recommendation as well.)

--
Roger Long

Larry wrote.... Peter Hendra Cruising 26 March 11th 07 09:38 PM
Cyclone Larry huts OZ Joe ASA 0 March 20th 06 02:18 AM
power vs sail O:P\) Cruising 36 March 18th 04 02:27 AM
larry flint kicks Bobsprit's butt. Simple Simon ASA 3 November 21st 03 03:32 PM
Larry Demers S/V De La Mer Ken Coit Cruising 0 August 11th 03 05:12 PM