Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default New M800 Bagphone - I got suckered!

The M800 is going back on Monday. I found a very obscure Motorola
specifications page that tells more of the "true story" of this huge
phone....

I didn't do all my homework and I'm sorry to get anyone's hopes up. From
the webpage:

Here's the TRUTH:
"What are the specs of the M800 Bag Phone?

Radio Performance:

Bands: CDMA 1X 800/1900MHz; AMPS 800MHz
Output Power: CDMA 1X 800/1900: 0.25W; AMPS 800: 0.4W"

The ugly truth comes from Motorola on this unfortunate pig....
It's SIZE gives you the impression this is a nice, POWERFUL bagphone....
It's not. It IS a V60i board in a massive case.....

A V60 runs these power levels, too. Motorola and the carriers, trying to
extricate rural users running 3 watts from their old bagphones, is
playing this scam with the carriers......

Why does EVERYTHING to do with a cellular phone have to be such a SCREW
JOB on the consumers?

Please forget I ever mentioned this pig......Damn them all.