Default NEW boat cellphone with RANGE!

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:25:38 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article ,
Larry wrote:

Bruce! Up in Alaska there's a listed company already supporting it.
Look on the list of carriers selling it. This is the replacement phone
for the old AMPS bag/carphones country people have been jealously
guarding for years.

Thanks for for the update Larry. I have been meaning to Skype you,
but just haven't gotten around to it.

BTW, who is this Wibur dude, and what is his problem......

I have no problem. People might perceive I have a problem because I don't
believe in beating around the bush. I don't mind telling it like it is.
Political correctness is an abomination to which I do not subscribe. This,
combined with a very high IQ, abundant common sense and more than a decade
in this world, means I have a lot of wisdom to dispense and I'm not the
least bit timid about dispensing it.

Wilbur Hubbard

We most humbly await your Manifesto, oh exalted one.

Man I love this newsgroup. Not only does it give me all the help and
advice so freely about anything I need to know but it also provides
fantastic entertainment.

Stops me getting lonely so far away from home.

cheers
Peter

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:00:19 -0500, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

Stops me getting lonely so far away from home.

Peter, you gotta stop anchoring out like a hermit. Those girls waving from
the docks are really worth the dock fees!....(c;

No Larry, i usually do but now i'm in the yard.

Girls are nice especially those od African-Indian and Chinese mix but
I am informed that Trinidad has the highest AIDS infection rate
outside of Africa. According to one doctor approx 40% of young girls
are infected and they refuse to be tested as they do not want to know.

And condoms, French Letters or as the French call them "English caps"
are no guarantee against AIDS.

Sort of dampens the ardour a bit

cheers

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:58:36 -0500, Larry wrote:

Bruce in Alaska wrote in news:bruceg-
:

BTW, who is this Wibur dude, and what is his problem......

Not sure but he seems to have a short chain...(c;

Larry

As to manly phones for real men, I must be by definition a real whimp.
I've worked for Vodafone, China Telecoms, Optus, IBM and
Hutchison/Ericcson putting in systems such as 3G, mobile TV, MMS, etc.

No wait a minute - I might know that technology but I still prefer a
basic Nokia with just talk and text - no extras. I may be a man after
all.

I am glad that the real man in all of this lives in America. If he was
near me I'd be really afraid - and he has the constitutional right to
carry a firearm. In New Zealand or Australia we don't give gun
licences to his kind. We've already had a couple of massacres.

Peter

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:13:57 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
Peter Hendra wrote in
:

Stops me getting lonely so far away from home.

Peter, you gotta stop anchoring out like a hermit. Those girls waving
from
the docks are really worth the dock fees!....(c;

Door County Wisconsin transient dockage runs around $55-65 per night for 35
feet of boat ("Escapade"). All to supply my own hotel on the dock? Anchoring
is free, and the shore is a short dinghy-ride away.

Hi KLC,
I don't know what the docking fees are here, I anchored until I cam up
on the hard but if you thin k your fees are steep, go to Europe 70
Euros $US 92) per night stern to quay plus water plus electricity for
a 40 foot boat and the tenable anchorages are getting harder to find.
Quite often you'd find an ideal sheltered anchorage on the chart
behind a point of land only to zoom in and find it marked as a
prohibited anchorage for no apparent reason. Nearby would be a marina.
Managed to avoid them though.

Peter

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:48:56 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I don't use any weapon as an offensive weapon. The weapons I own are for
the application of deadly force in defensive mode. I am highly trained
in the martial arts and specialize in Gatka which is a weapons-based art
of unsurpassed lethality Woe be to him who challenges me with sword,
knife or club. But, for the defensive application of lethal force out of
the range of hand-to hand combat, few things beat a large caliber
handgun. There's little challenge and not much art to it but for lethal
force it's hard to beat.

Wilbur Hubbard

My Gawd! I am being stalked. Please do not tell him where Trinidad is.

That's precisely why we don't give firearms licences to the likes of
this man.

In Malaysia where being in possession of an unlicenced firarm carries
the automatic death penalty, Prevention Customs officers (as opposed
to Revenue) are issued with a 9mm pistol and trained in its use as
well as our other weapons, the GPMG, M-16 and SMG. Even though these
men (and women) are often shot at on duty and have no compunction to
shoot and kill should they be fired upon, which happens quite
frequently in the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea, I have
met not a single one of my colleagues who has this Gung Ho attitude.
We want cool headed people.

Wilbur you scare me. One evening I met someone like you at the Cape
Verde Islands. I noticed an un-manned inflatable drifting past my boat
and, knowing that it belonged to an American registered yacht upwind
of my position. I duly towed it back to him in my dinghy. As I
approached and called out the boat's name, upon coming to its side I
was presented with a pump action shotgun one foot from my face with a
verbal threat - :"freeze!!!"

It was not at all nice, and I had neglected to bring clean underwear.

Frankly, in plain Aus-speak I say "**** your right to believe you can
shoot another human being if you feel threatened".

Peter

We all know how awful the range of the new girly cellular phones with
tiny little transmitters, no antennas, digital only that doesn't work in
the countryside or offshore, are....

Well, Motorola has a NEW answer! BRING BACK THE BAGPHONE WITH SERIOUS
POWER, but with the gummit mandated GPS, Bluetooth, digital internet (1X
only), in a MANLY, RUGGED way with big buttons, no girly frills noone
needs and a serious nature!

http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=
6842e59e1572d010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD&show=prod uctHome

Meet the new Motorola M800/M900 series of GSM and CDMA, trimode, triband
mounted or bagged cellular phones.....(c;

Mast mount a 9db dual band antenna at 50' and this puppy's 3 watt (800
Mhz), 2 watt (1900 Mhz) legal-limit transmitter will connect you 50 miles
offshore of the nearest cell with REAL SERVICE. Don't forget you must
use MICROWAVE coax, not RG-58 or similar VHF coax. Local Motorola two-
way radio shops have the proper cables, connectors and can build you a
cable, and install it if you like.

Bruce! Up in Alaska there's a listed company already supporting it.
Look on the list of carriers selling it. This is the replacement phone
for the old AMPS bag/carphones country people have been jealously
guarding for years.

This phone was designed with emergency services, oil/gas industry, heavy
industries, military and other MANLY users in mind.

Sure would make a great, installed "Boatphone" at the Nav station you can
unplug and put in your pocket on your way down the dock....(c; There's
no need to go without cellphone service, just because you're not 2 miles
from a tower, any more.

Larry
--
1-800-ALLTEL7 for those lucky enough to have Alltel service in their
neighborhood. Sorry, Verizon doesn't want you to have a phone not made

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

All telephones are girly things. Real sailor men use HAM or Single
Sideband radios. A puny 200 mile range for a cellphone is nothing to
chirp about. Why, I can SAIL farther than that in a 24-hr day....

Wilbur Hubbard

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Bruce! Up in Alaska there's a listed company already supporting it.
Look on the list of carriers selling it. This is the replacement phone
for the old AMPS bag/carphones country people have been jealously
guarding for years.

Thanks for for the update Larry. I have been meaning to Skype you,
but just haven't gotten around to it.

BTW, who is this Wibur dude, and what is his problem......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @