Bob Bob is offline

Default Wierd and Common Stuff Found in Your Bilge?

Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

On Mar 9, 2:00 am, "Bob" wrote:
Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

I found a Navigational Tool when cleaning out under the cockpit
floor.Cant remember the name, its the chart tool with the swingable
arm on the Compass, that you place on maps.

S.

Member

On Mar 9, 3:00 am, "Bob" wrote:
Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

Well, it wasn't the bilge but I found the knob to a car stereo stuck
in a head once. And the boat that the head was on had no car stereo on
it.

While looking in my bilge I found my old Congressional Medal of Honor.

I knew I dropped it somewhere.

===========================
ups.com...

On Mar 9, 4:56 am, "capt.bill11" wrote:
On Mar 9, 3:00 am, "Bob" wrote:

Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

Well, it wasn't the bilge but I found the knob to a car stereo stuck
in a head once. And the boat that the head was on had no car stereo on
it.

Uck.... I have immages of 2 year old children. That may explaine the
Christmas tree light bulb I found stuck in a head......
Bob.

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

Everytime I look, I find a very good likeness of Mary Magdelena. Oh wait, it
might have been Geraldo. g

Seriously though, I did find a cockroach, but it was plastic. Freaked me out
initially.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

Everytime I look, I find a very good likeness of Mary Magdelena. Oh
wait, it might have been Geraldo. g

Seriously though, I did find a cockroach, but it was plastic. Freaked
me out initially.

Thought it was another LSD flashback, huh?

Wilbur Hubbard

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:32:16 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
roups.com...
Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

This is not for the white paint and dust crowd!

Everytime I look, I find a very good likeness of Mary Magdelena. Oh wait, it
might have been Geraldo. g

Seriously though, I did find a cockroach, but it was plastic. Freaked me out
initially.

How did it taste?

Chewy.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bob" wrote in news:1173423615.864636.21600
@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Yes, Way too much time on my hands. Started thinking of all the wierd
stuff Ive found in a bilge. What was yours?

Diesel fuel, lube oil, last night's spaghetti noodles that went down the
sink because Amels drain the sink into the bilge, some fine English ale
bottle caps, a dead rat who couldn't climb its vertical walls 3' high and
drown in the soup, 2 screwdrivers, 4 various sized metric sockets, my
favorite forceps that fell off the top of the Perkins and disappeared,
many species of dead bugs that wouldn't pass through the bilge pump
strainer in one piece, an amazing mix of various soaps/cleaners/personal
hygiene products/toothpaste because the head sink drains into the shower
sump which drains into the bilge through an emergency shutoff valve in
the #2 watertight bulkhead (forward head of salon) to seal it and keep us
afloat.

Has anyone vomited, yet? I do pump it overboard, occasionally, through
the big manual pump after flushing some serious soaps down the sink and
sloshing it around gybing about! You cannot reach the bottom of an Amel
Sharki bilge, or even reach the hose to the main bilge pump we put on a
"lift" so we could get it out for service. The keel is hollow. The
starboard side is the bilge sump. The port side is a 200 gallon fresh
water tank!

I have a big magnet on a stick to get my dropped tools....(c;

Larry
--
How much price inflation is caused by illegal
aliens gobbling up goods and services, creating

I found a dehydrated snake that had gotten in one stern compartment of my
catamaran. Got in and couldn't get out.

ups.com...