Default GPSmap 76cx users?

In article ,
says...
Mark Borgerson wrote:

In article , rlong003
@maine.rr.com says...
I've been having some very unsatisfactory experiences with the
roads routing features of this GPS using the MetroGuide software.
I'm sure hoping the problems don't translate into similar issues
when using it on the boat.

Anybody want to talk about this or know of a discussion group
specific to it?

Anybody had problems with ignored waypoints and strange routing on
the water using Blue Charts?

I used my 76C (Not X with compass) last summer to record track and
for general cockpit usage last summer in Desolation Sound. I didn't
use it for tracks, although I did have the Canadian chart pack loaded.
I didn't notice any egregious errors when compared to the papter
charts--but I was sightseeing and gunkholing in daylight and
the accuracy of the Blue Charts was not an issue.

The tracks along the major highways on our trip to California
also looked OK for the most part between Corvallis and Sacramento.

Mark Borgerson

Desolation Sound is a great area to sail. We've done it three times and
are going to do it again within the next year or two. Where are you
located? We're in Boise,Id and trailer sail an Irwin 28. Jim

I live in Corvallis, Oregon. My trips to Desolation Sound have been
in charter boats, either from Desolation Sound Yacht Charters, or
more recently, Cooper Boating.

We have an 18' Windrose trailerable pocket cruiser that my wife
and I or my son and I have sailed around Puget Sound or the
San Juans. It's not really suitable for more than day sailing
for more than two people, though. We have taken it to
Lopez Island and done day trips to Friday harbor from our
rented beach cabin, though.

Mark Borgerson