Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default CA to BC Singlehanded?

Hi,

As some know, I'm looking for a 28-ft sailboat, probably an Islander
28. I've seen several in California that look in sailable condition
and in my price-range. Looks like it would cost around $4000CDN or so
to ship one up, so I was thinking...

Can I sail it up?

Is it feasable to think about sailing a 28-ft boat up from, say, LA to
Pt Roberts, singlehanded? How long would it take? What's the best time
of year? What things should I look for or upgrade on the boat before I
made the trip? Should I "gunkhole" (ie stop at every port), or do long
passages offshore?

I've been sailing Georgia Strait for over 30 years, mostly
singlehanded, on boats 22, 25, and 36 ft, but rarely "offshore".

Here's one I'm considering:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...id=1900&url =

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org