Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve

Default Push starting your boat

I've never started a diesel this way, but 40 years ago we started a 4
cylinder gas engine by letting the prop spin and slam it into gear.

Actually I didn't think it would work, but it did and we were able to
recharge our dead battery.

Of course I always thought you couldn't push start a diesel but then someone
proved me wrong by getting a couple guys and push starting a 2.5 ton Izuzu
truck.

I think the key is to have the engine properly tuned, timed and primed
before you attempt this.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 09:22 PM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
NEW Boat Profit Margins Konnie General 19 December 19th 03 04:57 AM
"The SEARCH" redux (long, as usual) Skip Gundlach Cruising 2 September 22nd 03 03:30 PM