Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Satisfy the urge without the splurge

OK, we see that the "Dream" of cruising isnt too realistic, so, is
there a solution? A solution that allows people to go for awhile
without cutting ties to their lives? A solution that allows people to
keep theri homes ashore etc in case the boat thing doesnt work out?

It seems to me that there are a lot of old boats out there and a lot
are in reasonable condition to coastal cruise. How about a cruising
coop that fixes em up just enough to be somewhat spartan cruising
boats, leases em long term to members with lease payments going into
an option to buy.

For myself, I'd really like to sail my boat over to the bahamas but
from here in N. Fl it is a long way there and I've done that crossing
to Sarasota too many times. Sure wish I could find someone reliable
to sail her to Ft Myers and he could cruise her around Pine ISland
Sound or even to the Keys. I'd pick her up there and go on. Trouble
is, who is reliable enough? Who would agree to my spartan
accomodations?