Default Most People Will Never Know About Biodiesel

What kind of difference can the use biodiesel make when it comes to
changing the world for the better? Perhaps the biggest impact of the
use of biodiesel fuel instead of just plain diesel is on the human
health and the environment.
One of the biggest differences that biodiesel make is with regards to
smog. Using biodiesel actually reduces smog. Both unburned
hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides in diesel fuel account for most of
the particulates in air pollution. When you use biodiesel product or
homemade biodiesel there is a substantial reduction of unburned
hydrocarbons and if you are using a blend that is right for your
machine. Tests that have been conducted according to EPA regulations
have shown that the hydrocarbon exhaust emissions that biodiesel are
half that of that measured for diesel fuel.
Can biodiesel make more energy? Unlike the burning of fossil fuels,
the burning biodiesel fuels actually gives back more energy to the
environment that it takes. Lifecycle studies of biodiesel production
show that for every unit of fossil energy it takes to manufacture ...
http://biodiesemde.blogspot.com/#

Default Yada, yada

SOS

So, if "burning biodiesel fuels actually gives back more energy to the
environment that it takes", it contributes to global warming much more
than fossil fuel does? It should be outlawed then!

I wonder who comes up with this dumb stuff. They could at least try to
get the terminology right. When was the last time you were hit in the
eye by an nitrous oxide particle? Those are bad!

Duh.

On Feb 3, 4:00 am, wrote:
[...]

I think that all diesel vehicles should burn recycled Olive Oil. That
way the city would spell like a Pizzeria.

Default just more spam

selling information once you write them.

wrote in news:1170504044.224343.243410
@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Lifecycle studies of biodiesel production
show that for every unit of fossil energy it takes to manufacture ...

Unnecessary. All that needs to be done is redesign the injection system
for a heavier oil...vegetable oil. Until that happens, there's Frybrid.

www.frybrid.com

My stepvan cost me $1600 in equipment (overkill I later found out for SC)
and around $1000 installation by my garage mechanics. Last month,
starting it burned around 5 gallons of diesel fuel. The rest of the 1600
miles was all on free frying oil from 3 Chinese restaurants. We have 3
members. I gather in the truck, George stores in his warehouse and Mike
does the filtering. Three restaurants have us swimming in old frying
oil. There's around 950 gallons, tonight, settling out in the warehouse
plus another 80 gallons or so already filtered for use.

The feeling of driving around WITHOUT PAYING THEM A DIME is PRICELESS.

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.

My friend has over a year of Mercedes 300 SD driving under his belt on
french fry grease. FOR FREE. I've done one vehicle conversion, and am
about to do another on my 82 VW Rabbit pickup. I can also power my
whole-house diesel generator on FF grease. Next will be my boat. It's
simple: Filter down to 2 microns (filter bags available on eBay), and then
boil the water out. Duh. Less than 5 cents per gallon costs. My
equipment/conversion costs for the vehicle are about $250. (Automatic
transmission cooler to put in extra fuel tank as heat exchanger; 2 micron
spin-on fuel filter; 6 port Pollak valve; associated hoses, wires, and
clamps.)

Bill Longyard

On Feb 6, 4:26 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:1170504044.224343.243410
@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Three restaurants have us swimming in old frying
oil. There's around 950 gallons, tonight, settling out in the warehouse
plus another 80 gallons or so already filtered for use.

The feeling of driving around WITHOUT PAYING THEM A DIME is PRICELESS.

Larry

Wonder why they give it to you for free when they usually sell it?
They've been recycling used grease for decades, albeit not for diesel.

"Keith" wrote in news:1170841558.142220.319440
@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Wonder why they give it to you for free when they usually sell it?
They've been recycling used grease for decades, albeit not for diesel.

They pay to have it hauled off, here.....

Larry