Default Dickerson 37 ketch

With retirement looming on the horizon, my wife and I are looking
forward to getting out of the cold, white north and heading south. One
possiblity is a centre cockpit Dickerson 37' ketch. We would appreciate
comments and suggestions from those who have sailed and / or lived
aboard one or know of its history and capabilities. Our "plan" is to be
on the water in 2008 limiting our cruising to the Caribbean. If there
are others we should be considering, please feel free to offer up your
suggestions.

(Personal background includes 15 years Great Lakes sailing (Contessa 26)
and 11 years on the water, surveying with the Canadian Hydrographic
Service. Been a landlubber for the past 12 years.)

WVS

"terry668566" wrote in message
g.com...
With retirement looming on the horizon, my wife and I are looking forward
to getting out of the cold, white north and heading south. One possiblity
is a centre cockpit Dickerson 37' ketch. We would appreciate comments and
suggestions from those who have sailed and / or lived aboard one or know
of its history and capabilities. Our "plan" is to be on the water in 2008
limiting our cruising to the Caribbean. If there are others we should be
considering, please feel free to offer up your suggestions.

(Personal background includes 15 years Great Lakes sailing (Contessa 26)
and 11 years on the water, surveying with the Canadian Hydrographic
Service. Been a landlubber for the past 12 years.)

WVS

I don't have one, but from what I've seen they're beautiful boats with as
much space down below as you'd ever hope to find. Fore and aft cabins so you
can get away from each other is a great feature. Moderate draft, sweet
lines, ketch rig -- I would certainly consider one.

Karin

# 75 Freedom Cat Ketch Bart Senior ASA 4 November 5th 05 05:23 PM
FS-Wauquiez Amphitrite 43 FT. Ketch - in Cocoa Beach, Fl Dennis Marketplace 0 October 26th 05 08:34 PM
Tahiti Ketch forum underway clyderigged Boat Building 1 January 10th 05 10:13 PM
Tahiti Ketch forum is underway clyderigged Cruising 0 January 8th 05 07:35 PM
FS: Beautiful 43' Garden Ketch in Oxford MD. Chuck Marketplace 0 July 11th 03 07:58 PM