Old January 24th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising

Default Seaworthy Inflatable by Boat US ,, question

I found one for sale. Price seems pretty good. But then I found out that
the company "Seaworthy" isn't in business anymore.

I guess the Seaworthy inflatable was made for Boat US before West Marine
bought Boat US . .. or something.

If you are knowledgeble about the Seaworthy Inflatalbe, or have one, have
used one? I would like to get some basic info such as quality of
construction etc.

I think the model is the Baltic .. might be wrong but I think that is what
it is.

Any info, recommendation , or warning ?

Thanks

Old January 25th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising

SEaworthy inflatables (especially those made in Croatia) were hypalon.
I have one that is ~12 years old and still going strong after all that
time in the sun. Reason for the decline in currently popularity is
probably the exchange rates of $US to Euro ... now at 30% less than in
the mid 90s.
The air valves can be a problem but they are still available from
specialty sources ... and need a special (homemade) tool to remove and
replace them.

Old May 7th 11, 01:23 PM
Junior Member

I own an '89 Model R156 made in Zagreb, Yogoslavia. How can I tell, or does someone know, if its PVC or Hypalon?
Thanks - Chuck