Default Balearics Charter

We are interested in chartering in the Balearics this summer, but I've
learned that Spain requires that charterers have a sailing license.

One charter firm advised me that they required ASA 104 certification to
meet this. I've looked into what is involved in this course, and while it
would be very useful if one had never cruised or chartered before, for me it
would be an unnecessary use of time and money. Another charter company said
they would look at my sailing resume' and if sufficient, would then sign off
on a license.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation, and how was it resolved
?

Yacht charter Croatia [email protected] Cruising 1 February 23rd 14 02:32 PM
Yacht Charter Vancouver - Five Star Yacht Charters Todd Zuccolo Cruising 0 April 17th 05 11:58 AM
Charter in BVI to benefit sick Golden Retriever. NorthSailsBVI ASA 5 November 8th 04 06:54 AM
Europe bareboat charter Greg General 1 January 12th 04 04:22 PM
FS: Beneteau 40CC in Charter Service in the BVI Tjmmass Marketplace 0 September 24th 03 01:54 PM