Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ken

Default What boat for canal cruising?

My wife and I are trying to decide upon a suitable boat for doing the canals and waterways of the northeast. We are experienced great lakes cruisers having owned sail and power boats to 34 feet. Some of the parameters on our wish list include: standing headroom, head with shower, walk around decks, 15 mph cruise when possible, aft cockpit, comfy sleeping for two, glass or steel or aluminum construction. We have considered the Nordic 26 and Albin 27 and Marinette 28 as well as a variety of downeasters under 30 feet.
Smaller is better. Simplicity is important. And, since cost is a factor, it will be used, not new.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ken

boat partner advice -- anyone with experience? Dustin General 11 March 2nd 04 02:33 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM
Many boats are not being used. Bill Kiene General 14 October 25th 03 05:17 PM