Default cost of fabricating plastic holding tanks

Anyone had a plastic holding tank fabricated lately? I was quoted $1,200
for a tank that might hold 15 gallons. It would be prism shaped, 30 inches
long, 20 inches on each side and 18 inches across the top. I figure there
might be 25 square feet of plastic at most. I was told the material alone
was $800. That's something like $30/square foot. Is that what 3/8" thick
poly sheets go for these days? I didn't think those plastic cutting boards
you buy at Wal Mart cost $30.
So is this the going rate these days?

Gordon Wedman wrote:
Anyone had a plastic holding tank fabricated lately? I was quoted $1,200
for a tank that might hold 15 gallons.

I had two 50 gallon oddly shaped water tanks fabricated out of food
grade polyethylene a few years ago for about $500 each delivered. I'd
say you ought to keep looking.

Gordon Wedman inscribed in red ink for all to know:
Anyone had a plastic holding tank fabricated lately? I was quoted $1,200
for a tank that might hold 15 gallons. It would be prism shaped, 30 inches
long, 20 inches on each side and 18 inches across the top. I figure there
might be 25 square feet of plastic at most. I was told the material alone
was $800. That's something like $30/square foot. Is that what 3/8" thick
poly sheets go for these days? I didn't think those plastic cutting boards
you buy at Wal Mart cost $30.
So is this the going rate these days?

I had Ronco make me a 45 gallon holding tank - it was no where near the
price you quoted. They were very professional, and delivered ahead (!)
of the promised date.

Check http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

RW Salnick wrote:

Check http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

Bob,
Go to that link and click on the About Us tab. Any idea what language
that is (I don't recognize it) or what it says?

Gordon Wedman wrote:
Anyone had a plastic holding tank fabricated lately? I was quoted $1,200
for a tank that might hold 15 gallons.

Ye gods...who tried to hold you up for that price???

Ronco Plastics makes top quality thick walled rotomolded polyethylene
tanks for a very reasonable price and has more than 400 shapes and
sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular...and they install fittings
in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the
tank.

Ronco does NOT fabricate custom tanks, however...they don't make welded
tanks, only the rotomolded tanks for they have molds...and the cost of
making a mold for a one-off would be prohibitive. If they don't have a
mold that suits you, there are two companies who do make custom welded
tanks for a reasonable price:

http://www.seafabtanks.com/

http://www.triplemplastics.net/

They both use polypropylene instead of PE, which is fine for water or
waste holding.

--
Peggie
----------

Dan Best inscribed in red ink for all to know:
RW Salnick wrote:

Check http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

Bob,
Go to that link and click on the About Us tab. Any idea what language
that is (I don't recognize it) or what it says?

It is Latin. Looks like a place-holder for the real text... don't know
where it went...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:21:45 -0800, Dan Best wrote:

Any idea what language
that is (I don't recognize it) or what it says?

Latin

I bought a Ronco tank a few years to replace an old holding tank. I
picked the closest size/shape from their huge catalog, and then gave
them a sketch showing where I wanted all the various input, output, and
vent fittings. On price, on schedule, and a perfectly done product.
That's fairly rare these days!

They are the only way to go in my opinion

Mike Bennett
Islander Freeport 36 "Getaway"
San Francisco

Dan Best wrote:
RW Salnick wrote:

Check http://www.ronco-plastics.net/

Bob,
Go to that link and click on the About Us tab. Any idea what language
that is (I don't recognize it) or what it says?

It is nonsense Latin used by typesetters as an example of how a font
looks.