Default catalog program for maps ?

Is there a catalog program for maps ? I like to have a visual impression
of the coverage of all my seamaps on a world map(or smaller area). I
like to import a table with corner coordinates and names of all the maps
I have and then to have them displayed on a world map. When possible I
like to click on the shape and see the detailed informations like name,
year, scale, storage place.
Now I have only an excel sheet with names and the corner coordinates of
the maps.
Looking foreward to solutions. Thanks Erik

"Erik Slim" wrote in message
news:4963148be38ddb961cbbf0cce0c91ae0.35389@mygate .mailgate.org...
Is there a catalog program for maps ? I like to have a visual impression
of the coverage of all my seamaps on a world map(or smaller area). I
like to import a table with corner coordinates and names of all the maps
I have and then to have them displayed on a world map. When possible I
like to click on the shape and see the detailed informations like name,
year, scale, storage place.
Now I have only an excel sheet with names and the corner coordinates of
the maps.
Looking foreward to solutions. Thanks Erik

Oziexplorer has such a facility. It is shown as the "index map".

Dennis

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:09:21 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:

Oziexplorer has such a facility. It is shown as the "index map".

Maptech Off Shore Navigator (OSN) also. It has a world map that can
optionally show all of your chart outlines in yellow rectangles. It
is very useful for zooming from one region to another.

Dennis,
Thanks for suggestion. But this is only part of the solution. In
Oziexploreer each map needs its own seperatie data file. In my case I
have to create over hundred of such files.

Erik Slim wrote:
Dennis,
Thanks for suggestion. But this is only part of the solution. In
Oziexploreer each map needs its own seperatie data file. In my case I
have to create over hundred of such files.

Sorry, I thought we were talking digital maps, not paper maps.

Default catalog program for maps ? FOUND

Received through other message board the option to use Google.kml files.
First test looks OK so problem seems solved.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0";
GroundOverlay
namekaart1/name
color5bffffff/color
Icon
hrefkaart1.gif/href
viewBoundScale0.75/viewBoundScale
/Icon
LatLonBox id="khLatLonBox781"
north53.59750200000001/north
south53.453258/south
east7.164318000000001/east
west6.833967/west
/LatLonBox
/GroundOverlay
/kml

Save as kaart1.kml, and start in Google Earth.
repeat part between GroundOverlay and /GroundOverlay for every other
map.

Voip Updated Howto,Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Conference Calling cleaning clean Cruising 1 May 30th 06 02:32 PM
Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
OT - Boot Magic Simple Simon ASA 6 November 3rd 03 08:35 PM