Default FS: Ericson Safety Pump

For Sale: Ericson Safety Pump
Ericson Safety Pump,1"-2" Shaft, 800-3000RPM, 4800-45,000gph The Ericson
Safety Pump is a permanent installation. It clamshells around the propeller
shaft and provides tremendous pumping power when required. The pump acts as
a high volume blower when running dry, ventilating the engine room.
There are no belts, bearings or gears to wear out.
The pump utilizes the vessel's engine for its power source and does not
affect engine power unless it is pumping water.
ABS Certified.
This is not a traditional bilge pump. It is a very effective emergency
pump.
MSRP: $849.
Asking Price: $450
Condition: New, In Box.
Questions: .

Ryk Ryk is offline

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:34:14 GMT, in message
. net
"da2ny" wrote:

For Sale: Ericson Safety Pump
Ericson Safety Pump,1"-2" Shaft, 800-3000RPM, 4800-45,000gph The Ericson
Safety Pump is a permanent installation. It clamshells around the propeller
shaft and provides tremendous pumping power when required. The pump acts as
a high volume blower when running dry, ventilating the engine room.
There are no belts, bearings or gears to wear out.
The pump utilizes the vessel's engine for its power source and does not
affect engine power unless it is pumping water.
ABS Certified.
This is not a traditional bilge pump. It is a very effective emergency
pump.
MSRP: $849.
Asking Price: $450
Condition: New, In Box.
Questions: .

It doesn't look like this particular offer is a bargain

http://www.bestmarineimports.com/cgi....cgi?19X362960

but the design looks very interesting. Does anybody have experience
with these pumps? I think it would be difficult to shoehorn one into
my engine configuration (a V drive with the shaft running back under
the engine) but I really like the maintenance free aspect as one less
thing to worry about.

Ryk

I installed one about 4 years ago in my Irwin sailboat have had no
problems with the pump. It acts as a blower when no water is present and
pumps like all get out when there is water. Its cheap insurance and buys
you time at the most critical time. It saved my boat when I hit a submerged
object. I was able to make it a marina for immediate haul out. Jake in NJ