Doug Dotson

Default Spin-on fuel adapter for Perkins 4-236

I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer to
a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

Based upon the description of the adapter that ABC used to
make, I doubt if my local machine shop would likely be able
to produce one with the desirable properties. No bleeding,
etc.

Doug

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
If all else fails, take a Perkins type filter, and a desirable spin on
filter to a machine shop and explain your need. More expensive than
off the shelf but better than nothing....

Brian W

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:22:48 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer to
a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Bob

I have a old Racor which is a replacement for the CAV filter that came
on my 4-236 You might try them to see if it is still made. Sorry I
don't have the pt# here at work.
Bob

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message ...
I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer to
a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

Thanks Bob,

Drop me a note if you come across the PN. I'll check with Raycor
in the meantime.

Doug

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
I have a old Racor which is a replacement for the CAV filter that came
on my 4-236 You might try them to see if it is still made. Sorry I
don't have the pt# here at work.
Bob

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message

I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer to
a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

leisure

I put a spin on adapter on my 236 last year - don't remember the brand
and the sheet's on the boat (in Mex) - anyway, I was a little
disappointed as it's an issue to get a strap wrench on the filter to
loosen it. I had changed the cooling pipe from the original - making
it tighter to the block and injector pump - so check out your
clearance.

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:42:44 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Thanks Bob,

Drop me a note if you come across the PN. I'll check with Raycor
in the meantime.

Doug

"Bob" wrote in message
. com...
I have a old Racor which is a replacement for the CAV filter that came
on my 4-236 You might try them to see if it is still made. Sorry I
don't have the pt# here at work.
Bob

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message

I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer to
a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

Bob,

Thanks for the info. If you think of the brand and where you got
it, drop me a line.

Doug

news

wrote:

Thanks Bob,

Drop me a note if you come across the PN. I'll check with Raycor
in the meantime.

Doug

"Bob" wrote in message
. com...
I have a old Racor which is a replacement for the CAV filter that came
on my 4-236 You might try them to see if it is still made. Sorry I
don't have the pt# here at work.
Bob

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message

I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer

a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

OMOO

I got the adapter at North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes, WA - look the
up with Google - they have a web site

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:17:47 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for the info. If you think of the brand and where you got
it, drop me a line.

Doug

news

wrote:

Thanks Bob,

Drop me a note if you come across the PN. I'll check with Raycor
in the meantime.

Doug

"Bob" wrote in message
. com...
I have a old Racor which is a replacement for the CAV filter that came
on my 4-236 You might try them to see if it is still made. Sorry I
don't have the pt# here at work.
Bob

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
I have been trying to track down an adapter that allows spin-on fuel
filters to be used on a Perkins 4-236. The references I found refer

a company named ABC Precision Machining in Benton Harbor, MI.
Looks like it no longer exists. Website gone, phone gone, etc. Does
anyone know if such an adapter is still available?

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

MIDEMETZ

It might be cheaper to put sand alone filter on and not have to change the
Perkins, filter at all.

Mike
Doug Dotson

I've considered that, but the on-engine filter is not a simple
in-out design. I'm just going from memory here, but I seem to recall
4 lines on it. In,out,fuel return, and one other that I don't know off
hand. Need to get an expert opinion on making that type of conversion.

Doug