Bryan B

Default Navigation software

We are starting to look at naviagtion software to back up paper charts.
Does anyone have suggestions and/or recomendations. East Coast, Virgin
Islands, Bermuda, Azores, and Med.

Thanks

John Fitzpatrick

Hi Bryan--here's some links to marine navigation software. No doubt
Ive forgotten some--

Capn http://www.thecapn.com/
Fugawi http://www.fugawi.com/indexcom.html
MaxSea http://www.maxsea.com/
NavPak http://www.globenav.com/
Nobeltec http://www.nobeltec.com/
Ozi http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Raymarine http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/

Fugawi, NavPak and Ozi you can scan the paper charts you have and
calibrate. The ones that can read raster and vector charts are MaxSea,
NavPak, Raymarine (C-Map vector charts which are my fav), the other is
Nobeltec (Transas vector charts). The programs that have several
traditional nav tools incorporated like star planet finder, celestial
etc are The Capn, NavPak, MaxSea and possibly Nobeltec? The ones that
can read the NOAA S57 are Fugawi and MaxSea but as far as I know I
don't think there's anything or much out for the parts you intend to
sail except for the East Coast, I might be corrected on that.
Best--John (Fitzy)