Default Roger Long - Titanic's Final Moments

For a live, up close and personal visit to a ship that was in more than one
movie ......... visit Boothbay Harbor.

The ship used in filming Pirates of the Caribbean is there. She is being
rebuilt, refitted. She was in some other movies as well.

Somewhat interesting................ the planks are big and thick.

Also, Carousel Marina in Boothbay Harbor .. it is where much of the filming
of the movie "Carousel" was filmed, on location.

==========

That's a take !!

===================

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"White Squall" if you can find it. Not a great movie but a true story
that I was closely involved with finding out the truth about. (Titanic
wasn't my first forensic endeavor. The truth is out there but you won't
find it in this movie.)

The old B&W "Captains Courageous" with Spencer Tracy (try you library) has
incredible real footage of large fishing schooners being sailed harder
than you can believe. One even was dismasted and the story re-written
around it.

--

Roger Long

"Jim" wrote in message
ps.com...

Larry wrote:

Another even better show with more of the story coming up next April.

Thank you for the heads up.....

We'll be watching for it.

Sidebar question: Are there any movies that have a heavy sailing
element to them that anyone could recommend that a newbie to sailing
would find interesting? Or how about history channel documentaries on
sailing?

Thanks

"Captain Bartholomew Martyn lll" wrote in

I HOPE ALL THE PASSENGERS GOT OFF OK..

WE hope all YOUR passengers got off....(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Default Boat Films (was Roger Long - Titanic's Final Moments)

Portuguese. And yes, they pull a rich boy out of the drink. He'd fallen
off daddy's yacht. Excellent footage of real fishing schooners.

Tracy did not like his performance, but I think it is fine.

The old B&W "Captains Courageous" with Spencer Tracy (try you
library) has incredible real footage of large fishing schooners being
sailed harder than you can believe. One even was dismasted and the
story re-written around it.

You know what, I think I saw that one. Was he an older spanish speaker
sailor - he was looking after a young kid who was aboard and there was
an accident at the end? And he always had something -like a razor or a
pen knife or something - or he played an instrument - can't quite
remember. Is that the movie?

and both versions of Mutiny on the
Bounty.

All three?

I like #'s 2 & 3. (ie Brando & Gibson)

"Captain Bartholomew Martyn lll" wrote

[trash]

Oh look. He's changed his name again.

Any offers on that Alberg 32, Tom? I hope the problem with the
transom lettering isn't scaring off buyers.

--

Roger Long

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:36:06 GMT, wrote:

Why are you attacking Roger; Roger?

Why are you changing your name again Tom Tom? Kind of childish don't
you think, especially for one requesting so much free advice here.