Default Was the Annapolis boat show successful?

It may be too soon to find out. Is the boat industry in the same
situation as the house industry?
I was at the Newport RI boat show. I saw lots of people looking but not
buying. I wonder if the
Annapolis boat show was the same? Any ideas.

wrote in news:KdMWg.3255$cz.48515@ursa-
nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Is the boat industry in the same
situation as the house industry?

From the look of the newspaper ads in Charleston, I'd say that's a yes.....

The house section, of course, has them beat by about 800 pages every day,
though.....(c;

Sure glad I didn't buy a 100,000 dollar house for 1.2M and have to dump it
for 800K.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

I was at the Newport RI boat show. I saw lots of people looking but not
buying. I wonder if the
Annapolis boat show was the same? Any ideas.

People 'need' houses, they don't 'need' boats. The markets aren't directly
related. At least not once you get into larger boats. I'd venture
powerboating might be more closely related than sail but that's a whole
other debate.

I'm not sure the sailboat shows are 'deal closers'. Certainly not to the
extent one finds at powerboat shows.

In article ,
"Bill Kearney" wrote:

I was at the Newport RI boat show. I saw lots of people looking but not
buying. I wonder if the
Annapolis boat show was the same? Any ideas.

People 'need' houses, they don't 'need' boats. The markets aren't directly
related. At least not once you get into larger boats. I'd venture
powerboating might be more closely related than sail but that's a whole
other debate.

I'm not sure the sailboat shows are 'deal closers'. Certainly not to the
extent one finds at powerboat shows.

FWIW, one Doyle Sails guy said production for 50 footers were all sold
out for next year. So, as with property, although the analogy is not
analogous, the rich buy what they want when they want and the rest of us
have to be careful.

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

It is looking pretty good from here to. The three production builders I
sell anchors to have all increased there orders considerably over the past 3
months. Probably the only benefit I am going to get out of those tax cuts.
;-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Bill Kearney wrote:

People 'need' houses, they don't 'need' boats ...

Speak for yourself.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat